6 months down, 3 to go!
A little photo series for this week. Paul does well ... with a little incentive from a candy corn on Bee's bump.


It's Saturday. I didn't write yesterday - I napped during naptime instead. It was a crazy day (read: not so awesome), and I just needed some time. Dylan left Thursday evening for St. Paul, so I was only on my own for a short while, but it seems Paul knew something was different. He was, how shall I say, harder to handle. We were both happy to see Papa again yesterday evening, and then, just when I think P and I need a little space from each other, he calls out "Ma" at bedtime instead of going down nicely for "Ba" (Papa). Crazy baby boy. New developments: he says "ja" "oui" and "yes" - gah, love!
The week ticked on just fine. It's starting to get colder outside, and running out to play just for the fun of it is getting a little trickier. We took a short walk of about 20 minutes on Wednesday, I think, and the temperature seemed fine, but the wind was too biting; so we hustled back. Thursday, we walked to a friend's nearby - only about an 8 minute walk - and that will be manageable throughout winter. I think we might end up getting to be closer friends, then ;). Her name's Heidi, and she has one daughter just a month older than Paul and is expecting their 2nd. Needless to say, with kiddos at a similar stage, we both realize the need to do something with them everyday - unlike last winter, when playing around inside doing different things was just fine. Sidenote: this friend is also in our Tiny Tots class and does Friday Momtime, so Paul sees Molly a few times a week and has started recognizing and anticipating her when I say her name. Pretty neat =).
On the Bee front, whether Bee's more active than Pea was at night or I just happen to be awake for it between the hours of 3-5am (groan), it's hard to get back to sleep with all the poking! I remember sleeping pretty well with my first pregnancy (lucky, I now know), and perhaps that had to do with teaching or maybe now I'm just more used to being up at night for a baby; who knows? Either way, I sleep great until Paul wakes up around 3 (why?? been about 2 weeks now...), and then he's long asleep while I lay in bed and feel Bee's acrobatics. I do love the way it feels ... but I have to admit that I prefer it all at 4pm to 4am. Otherwise, physically, I'm feeling great and getting around great. Much better than I anticipated when Bee started popping out a little a few months ago. Emotionally, I've been a little fragile, though, swinging from one side to the other in, well, a short span of time. I find that more annoying than anything because I'm not usually like that! Odd to notice it but not be able to do much about it.
We haven't made any definitive plans for Bee's arrival, yet, but we will very soon! I'm anticipating this lil bébé so much, having a better idea of what's actually to come.
UPDATED 11/11/13: I forgot to include a picture of our jack-o-lanterns this year, so here they are after the fact; 2 yrs ago, I carved a pea and just didn't want you to think we left you out, Bee!



Gah.....Love you guys!!!
ReplyDelete