Friday, October 11, 2013

23 weeks, 17 weeks to go

I've been counting up. I forgot to count down! Only 17 weeks left before an entirely new little person gets added to the world. That doesn't sound like a ton of time, though February feels far off.

This busy Bee is going ca-razy! Tons of flips and flutters and jams and knocks and pokes. I love it =)!

Bee's big brother, Paul, has had a great week! He's done well in his "big boy" bed (the crib with the side off - so cute when he wakes up & comes to our room carrying his blanket), and getting comfortable in the bath again. He'd been a bit (read: insanely) nervous in the bath since we traveled in August; we had several theories as to why, yadda yadda, tried a few different things, and it finally worked - meaning Paul would actually sit in the bath rather than stand and cry - when Dylan got in with him. We did that for a while and *bam* he's alone in the tub playing, squealing, and splashing. Then! Today! Dylan even laid him back slightly against him so he wasn't upright but a little submerged. Awesome! He loved it and kicked his legs with his little booty off the floor ... and holding on to Papa's legs. THEN! Dylan got out, and Paul was game for us to coach him to lay flat in the tub - whoooa =). He laid there with water at his ears, laughed, breathed excitedly the whole time - quite a rush, I'd imagine - and kicked and kicked. AND THEN, while D and I were in P's room getting to the bedtime routine and calling out for him to come to us, we fuss him for playing with whatever it is he's got in the bathroom still ... but he stays and is making some sort of racket ... we go in, and he's trying to tip tinkle out of his potty into the toilet! Whaa? This baby's crazy =)

And Dylan and I just watched the second half of Inglourious Basterds. A movie. Nice end to a good week. Or start to a relaxing weekend, perhaps ;)

PS - I'm enjoying the ten 7th graders on Wednesday evenings. We're even planning an All Saints Day party.

BEEEE this week:
UPDATE on Saturday: Yesterday I said that Paul's been sleeping well in the crib. Well, I almost always check on him before I go to bed, but last night, he was on the floor! So I scooped him up and put him back. I never think to look in on him when I get up sometime after 4am because Bee's pushing my bladder, but I did last night, and Paul was face down on the carpet a good foot and a half away from the crib, perpendicular to it. 

1 comment: