You may not find this interesting, or you may think we are (I am) being obsessive, but the ten-day range of due dates has really started to bug me. SO! Dylan and I just sat down with our NFP chart, the book with calculation rules, and Google. And we cut it down to a 6-day window - at least we're within a week, here.
There are different ways to calculate a due date. The Naegele rule takes the first day of the last menstrual period + 7 days + 9 months. The Prem rule takes ovulation day - 7 days + 9 months. Here's a run-down of the dates we've figured and heard:
Jan 29th - early ultrasound at 10 wks
Jan 31st - second ultrasound at 20 wks
Feb 5th - Naegele Rule (LMP + 7 days + 9months)
Feb 7th - Prem Rule (Ov -7 days + 9months)
Then there are the magic, middle-ground dates of Feb 2nd and 4th. These are the Naegele and Prem rules taking account of the short month of February by adding 280 days (40 wks) and 266 days (38 wks), respectively, not just "9 months".
Pea's ultrasounds predicted both January 24th and the 26th ... and Paul arrived on the 25th. Now Bee has two ultrasounds on the 29th and 31st ... will the 30th be the day? Ultrasounds in the first trimester have a 7-day margin for error that confirm the Prem date, so we're going to go with February 4th if it comes to talk of an induction. I just hope Bee comes after Paul's 2nd birthday, or Paul will forever be confused as to why he's older but his brother or sister's birthday is before his ;).
A friend of mine has two daughters. The daughters birthdays are the day before her birthday and the day before that. It's in chronological order too: daughter 2 birthday, daughter 1 birthday, mum's birthday. They call it their birthday week!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds festive but I'd be hoping for a big gap between the birthdays. Children's birthdays are very fun but DEEPLY tiring! I know you can't control these things but still...I'd be putting off eating chilli/going on long walks etc until after that feb 7 date.
I'm with ya, Shelley! =)
Delete