As I type, Dylan has Paul lying on his chest on the bed in a hotel in St. Paul. The little guy wasn't very interested in getting into a bed again (the travel Pack'n'play crib) after being in his big-boy bed. Ah well. Not terribly surprising.
A hotel in St. Paul, you ask? Well, we arranged with our friends, Pete & Denise, who we know through my teaching, to spend the night tomorrow night and have a good catch-up - but - I had my doctor's appt this afternoon. SO! We found a good deal and made it an IKEA night ;).
Apropos doctor's appointment: we bid farewell to Dr. Anderson. (Noooo!) And he wished us well, said he'd pray for me and the baby, and requested a note after the birth to let him know. I wish we could've made it work, but I just think it'll be better to manage this way - finding something good enough local.
This week started rough but turned out quite nice! Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday were all rainy, cold, inside days. Monday, I met a few Momtime moms at an indoor playset nearby, and Tuesday a mom and her Paul-aged daughter came by to make some paint to play with; in the end, I think it was a lot of stimulation for Paul a little too close to lunch and naptime ... he freaked out. And made me worried when the sky was grey the next day, too. He was wonderful, though! He's been so helpful lately, really helping with some cooking (preparing...) and has been interested in everything I do. He's also been a little parrot with some words. He says the German for these words: Mama, Papa, milk, yes, book, yummy, Nana, and bath. Whaaaa =) Well, he says the first consonant and vowel, and bath and Papa both come out "bah", but we'll take it!
And one last thing about Paul: he loves Vegemite sandwiches. Loves them. Little Aussie.
On the Bee front, Dylan's been able to feel some real movements, and there certainly have been some! But they've been so funny. Rather than a big kick or bump, it feels like Bee's wiggling toes while simultaneously scratching his or her head. By that I mean that I can feel big flutters both on my right and left sides! Like it's toes and fingers all at the same time. It's the weirdest thing. And I love it.
Here's to a fun-filled weekend of catching up with good friends and seeing Ginny & Ryan, too!
Gotta love Paul's photobombing ;)

She's dancing. I'm sure of it.
ReplyDeleteTap dancing and Jazz hands.
Trust me, I'm a professional.