“Apparently peas are more comfortable in the womb than
bees.” ~ Dylan
Any subsequent babies’ pre-born nicknames will be very
carefully thought out ;). This is all in jest, actually, because I’m feeling
pretty good. We also learned that a good friend from my German exchange back in
’02 miscarried their first recently, so that’s a sobering thought to help bear slight
discomforts. Dylan’s tongue-in-cheek quote came after I voiced that I should
stop denying the contractions by calling them “these weird cramps” … and take
them for what they are. Evidently I’ve been having these Braxton-Hicks
contractions. (Old wives’ tale? Do they mean a shorter labor when the time
comes? We’ll see…) They aren’t severe, nor are they often. The strange thing –
and perhaps why I’ve “denied” them – is that they’ve happened as often in the
front of the bump as in my lower back, how I know them from labor with Paul. A
couple of times this week (the most regular so far), I went about my routine sort of leaning forward for a minute or two because the muscles were too tight
across my abdomen to stand straight. Weeeeird. Then once this week, too, I had
the recognizable, dull pressure right at the cross of my spine and hips.
Whatever it all means – nothing? shorter labor? just a second pregnancy? –
something’s happening. But, then again, I’ve just entered the THIRD TRIMESTER!
Whaaat? How did this happen? A whole summer’s passed? And we’re already on the
front end of winter? Wow!
We’re already into the “holiday season”, so to say, since
Halloween’s passed, and Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner.
Three months with something fantastic during the last week =). Anyway,
Halloween: aaa-mazing. It was precious to experience it with/like Paul. We went
to St. Paul and partied on Mike & Colleen’s street, which is supposedly
Halloween Central! Something like a thousand kids go trick-or-treating there.
The realtors even “warned” them about participating when they were looking at
the house. Needless to say, we wanted to experience for Paul (read: and
ourselves) this unique concentration of Halloween excitement. Last year we had
only about 75 kids knock. So, here’s little Paul with his godcousin, Kate, the
Duck, him getting the hang of trick-or-treating, & we 3 together:

Uncle Pete had his golden 27th birthday on the 27th,
and Nana had her birthday on the 30th of this week, too. Then, in
the true sense of Halloween, we celebrated All Saints’ Day with the Faith
Formation kids at church on Wednesday evening and then Mass on Friday the 1st
and prayed for our faithful departed on All Souls’ Day, November 2nd.
We set our clocks back from Daylight Saving Time last night
(yes, it’s Sunday as I write, though we won’t have internet again until Monday
or even Tuesday, booo), but instead of being extra well-rested, Paul kept one
and then the other of us up practically the whole night with a stuffy nose and
tossing and turning. I was with him from about 9:30-2am, then Dylan took over
until about 6, when Paul was finally asleep for longer than 10 minutes at a time.
He came to me around 7:30 when we got up but left poor Dylan to sleep a little
longer before church – he’s busy trying to get his Catholic Studies work behind
him.
So here's me with Bee, tired but happy, and also maybe catching a
little cold:
OH YEAH! And this came from MPR thanks to Tante Ginny =), yipee!:
And one more for good measure ;); this year's pumpkin turkey:





No comments:
Post a Comment