Friday, November 29, 2013

30 weeks - 3/4 there!

Holey moley, 30 weeks! 10 left! Just 2 more months before there's a whole entire new tiny person out in the world!

And boy have my hips decided to start their a-shiftin' already. Paul and I left on Monday morning around 9:30 for a walk / push in the Burley into town and before we'd gotten 2 blocks, I slowed down to pace myself; I was just so excited to get some good blood-flow after a few days mostly inside because of the cold. When we left, it was 21ºF with 15mph wind, nice! Paul's nice and cozy in his little wind-protected tent of a stroller (book & truck in hand), and I got the fresh air I needed.  By the time we got home around 11:45, it was already 36º and climbing! (Fyi, my limit's about 18º at that wind speed, and Paul had warm fingers the whole way; have no fear.) Back to the hip shifting. Getting to the library was no problem, we sit there, play around a little, and then I start thinking we need to head back before I hit the tired wall. It usually takes about 15-18 minutes to get to town from our house, and it took me a good half hour to get home. I wasn't in any pain, I could just feel my joints moving and making me slow. After being out and about for 2 hrs, I learned that's about my limit before I just have to rest. Have definitely begun to waddle at those tired times. I don't remember waddling for Paul...

The rest of the week went by quickly with prepping for Thanksgiving and then having Thanksgiving! It was a little different this year, though not in the company we kept - as Dylan and I ran through our years spent together, he's spent 4 of 7 Thanksgivings with Mike & Colleen - but in the menu! We had a gluten-, dairy-, soy-, and legume-free Thanksgiving dinner. There were 7 people with allergies to one or more of those things and 6 with no allergies, so our (delicious!) turkey was brined, we had potatoes mashed with garlic and broth, roasted sweet potatoes, steamed green beans, and corn pudding, stuffing, and gravy all made with flour substitutes. Then there were the desserts: carrot cake, apple pie, one pumpkin pie (ours: made with coconut cream & an oat crust), and then the allergen-filled pumpkin pie =) also from us because c'mon! Unfortunately, there are only two photos as proof that we celebrated this year, oops!
Perhaps you noticed that Paul's holding a normal fork and eating from a normal china plate? Yep! When baby likes his food (and only rarely does he not!), baby manages like a big boy. That's his wine glass, too. No, it's not really, but he did sip my sparkling juice. We've been astounded sitting back and watching all he can do.

Baby Bee is going crazyyyy - feels like Jazz Hands, simultaneous pokes out either side of my belly. I've been feeling good this week, which is wonderful. I mentioned the physical fatigue after a while, and perhaps I should listen to my Momma, who thinks I'm "just doing too much". I'll try to rest a little more pre-exhaustion.
Here's a 30wk old bumblebee bump in front of our not-empty-for-long mantlepiece before this weekend's Advent kick-off:




















Also, 2 random body happenings that fall under the category of "Stuff I forgot from last pregnancy":
1) I've seemed to forget to notice that I don't have a linea negra this time! I was in the relatively small percentage of pregnant women who get a dark line of pigmentation from the belly button to the underwear line and in the smaller percentage of pregnant women who get it from the belly button up to the bustline! This pregnancy? Niente. What that means, who knows, but my big belly is white as can be.
2) There are two patches of rough, dry skin on my outer, upper thighs ... it's fat. And it's rubbing on my jeans. Lame. And kinda funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment