Friday, November 8, 2013

27 and back on schedule

I've made it back to posting on a Friday, woo!

Now, let's just skip right on over the part of this week that left Paul not falling asleep at his usual naptime 3 days in a row, leaving me wanting to pull my hair out and talk about the good things...

P felt B! Last night, Busy Bee was making large and regular movements for a couple of minutes, and while Dylan was feeling, he suggested we try to get Paul interested. I've mentioned before that he's patted my belly and is clearly aware that something's going on, but that there's actually a baby in there is probably still over his head. Anyway, last night, he put his two tiny hands where I was feeling the most motion, and Bee kicked Paul's right hand. I felt it, of course, and then I saw Paul scrunch his hand up and then took both away ... so I think he felt the kick! Neat =)

I've had some lower back pain this week, which has made long periods of standing or walking a little hard. That stinks because that's mostly what I do. Instead of not walking or standing in the kitchen, I've tried additional stretches, hot shower on the pelvis-meets-spine spot, and Dylan's tried his hand at massaging my hips. Once while practicing his in-labor pressure release pushes on my hips, Paul started doing laps around us and sticking his head between our legs. We chuckled and said, yep, this is what it'll be like ... until it gets more advanced, of course, and then I'm praying either Nana or Tante Ginny will be here already to have fun with P while I, ya know, go have a baby.

Funnies from this week: Paul barks for hot dog. Baaahahaha. He barked when we put them on the Foreman grill, and then when he was finished, he pointed and barked for more. THEN, he pointed to some cattails in a lake scene of a book we have ... and barked. It took me a second, but the drawing does actually look like hot dogs on sticks. Even more confusing is telling him, no those aren't hot dogs, those are cattails. Also, his "meow" has gotten a lot more abrasive. No longer is it a cute, high-pitched "mow, mow, mow" ... it's now "MOOOOOOOOwwuuummm" with the end finishing in a funny high-pitched hum. He's so weird =) We love it.

I'd gotten really slack on my daily pregnancy prayer, and this week's gotten more on track; it makes such a difference in keeping the big picture in the forefront. Otherwise, it's so easy to get wrapped up in tiny, stressful details. One of which Dylan eradicated: we have a doctor's appointment here! Not til November 20th, but it's set. Good.

Here we are after Momtime today:
(PS - I had the first person this go-round tell me I'm "all baby"; last time I felt like it - with a basketball poking out in front of me - but this time I've definitely got a lot more sticking out the sides, ha. Could be baby, could be me, could be placenta placement. We'll see how I grow in the next 13 weeks; however it is, hopefully it's [reasonably] comfortable.)

1 comment:

  1. Oh! My! Gosh! Love this!! You and Bee look ssooo precious! Have no worries about your "pregnancy prayer" Daddy and I pray for you and B EVERYDAY!! of course we also pray for D and P too!! <3!

    ReplyDelete