Monday, September 30, 2013

21 and partying

Well, I missed Friday, so here we are on Monday writing to catch up.

No major events stand out from the week as report-worthy until Friday's trip to St. Paul, but I'll get there in a minute. My back/shoulder gave me another episode on Sunday evening, and I moved to the guest room so as to really pillow-fort it up for a while. Here you can see a double-stack on each side and a single layer lower down about knee-height for a total of 6 extra pillows:
I eased off one pillow at a time as the week went by, and last night Dylan joined me and only 2 extras in that room. (Our IKEA guest mattress is firmer than our real bed, in case you wondered why I didn't just move back.)

Friday took us to St. Paul to spend the weekend with the Bivers and attend a wedding! I had such a nice time and apparently really needed to re-connect with good friends. From Friday to Sunday, I was rejuvenated by great conversations with Colleen and our old St. Paul buddies who were at the wedding (from Communion & Liberation). They reminded me how special pregnancy is, how exciting a time this is, and to be thankful for what we have going for us - despite having so much up in the air! I find myself getting stuck in venting-conversations while here in Austin, and while that can be a good & helpful thing, too, it has been less so for me lately when the focus is on the negative aspects of a 2nd pregnancy and how hard things are rather than the joys. So this is us getting ready to go (shout-out to Shalome for such an awesome maternity skirt - merci!):
The wedding was for PJ & Dana Butler (of CL), and the reception was a big, beautiful backyard party complete with tents, and chandeliers, and roses, and prayer, and hors d'oeuvres, and food, and dancing, and music, and friends - and even a photo booth for their guest book =):
And our time with Mike, Colleen, and little Kate was excellent. Mike grilled twice for us (beautiful weather!), we spent a lot of time around the table, and enjoyed walking to Mass together. Plus, they have mad babysitting skills! We've had such trouble with Paul at bedtime lately - and we even did again last night - but the evening of the wedding, Colleen said he was a peach and didn't shed one tear. She sent us a message around 9 telling us so, and instead of leaving around 10 like we'd planned, we stayed til 12:30 =). It was great! Oh, and by the way, those heels came off after the wedding Mass, for sure, and I wore black flats to the reception ... pregnant ladies wearing heels must hate their legs and backs. Or not be able to feel them. Yuck.

And for the bump shot:

1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos!
    Thanks for the update.
    Oh the joy of a firm mattress when pregnant...When I was pregnant with Grace I remember having to re-find a mattress I'd previously given away. I had to call up the person I'd given it away to and explain that the new mattress was too soft and we need the old archaic hard mattress back. I was deeply grateful when it was returned.

    ReplyDelete