Friday, September 13, 2013

19 weeks & Fall has fallen

We went to bed last night with the windows open, about 75º in here and woke up to 59º! Fall descended pretty quickly on us just this week. (If Spring has sprung, then Fall can have fallen, yes?) As of September 1st, the hottest of the hot were out, it's been lovely since, and now it's chilly inside and perrrfect outside in the sun. Aaaah.

Paul and I had a busy, fun-filled week back to some sort of school-year routine, as our Tiny Tots class and my MomTime groups both follow the school year. Tots class is Tuesday, and MomTime is Friday - he gets to socialize with other < 2 yr olds at both things and seems to like them both ... usually.

I have decided that I'm not the best crock-pot-cook; there are only 2 things that turn out consistently well in there and now about 5 things that have stunk. Dylan and I will eat anyway because we know it's good, wholesome food, but it's just so funny to watch Paul react to un-tasty food. Then D and I laugh as P grimaces & spits it out ... and then reach for the salt for our own plates. Ha. (A whole heck of a lot of salt made it bearable. Then Dylan mused that we should have "Salt Night" instead of going out to eat - "Since that's what you get when you go out anyway.") By the way, apparently fewer "juices" in the crock-pot make a difference. And here I thought, in all my stove-top sauce-making glory, more would be better. Consequently, I haven't given up; too many moms swear by them! I will not be defeated. The Pot will not get the best of me.

Bee is busier than ever, and I couldn't be happier about it! I'm feeling Bee multiple times a day, Dylan's felt Bee, and a few people have even seen my belly move. It's all happening! I've scheduled the half-way ultrasound in a couple weeks, so that'll be fun. Perhaps we can pretend like we'll know it's a boy or a girl, though we aren't actually finding out. From "Pea's" ultrasound, I remember thinking how much his little mouth looked like Peter's!! Then he came out looking like a little baby Braud at first, complete with Uncle Peter lips =). We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment