Sunday, July 28, 2013

12? 13? and busy as a busy bee

I don't know whether I should count 12 or 13 here. It'd be odd to just skip a week, so that's why I haven't jumped ahead; but whenever anyone asks, I find myself fumbling a "12. Or 13. ish". Oh well.

Paul, Bee, and I have been in Texas this week, and it's been wonderful! I won't recount all the excellent, fun-times details but will just run down a list of some of the excitement that's been going on. We arrived safely last week, as you know, then we jumped right on in with getting wet somehow everyday - whether that meant the splashpad, the neighborhood pool, or the blow-up pool, not to mention park time and taking walks. Then there were errands, Paul's first Chick-fil-a <=), loving the 2 cats and 2 dogs, and lots of later-than-usual bedtimes. Little Paul's handled it wonderfully, and Bee & I are enjoying the extra hands to help, not to mention all the food.

Then there was New Orleans. Sigh, how I love thee. The whole family got to spend a weekend together in New Orleans to celebrate Peter's white coat ceremony for med school. That alone is excellent, but it got way better - R&O's poboys, Morning Call beignets in City Park, Mandina's trout LaFitte (trout with crawfish etouffee, whoa <3), and time with Aunt Cyndi & Uncle Ben. I love driving around that city, and it was great to see Pete's stomping ground. A huge cherry on top was Paul's incredible travel. He sat between Nana & Tante Ginny and was simply wonderful. He ate, read, played, slept, and everything else he normally does, just in his car seat for 6 hrs =/ ... doesn't sound nice, but he couldn't have been better, which made the trip a whole lot better for the rest of us!

Now we're back in TX and frantically packing - hurry, hurry, rush - so we can relax on the beach for a week ;). We head down to Matagorda tomorrow. Paul and Papa will be reunited this weekend, not to mention his getting to see the growth of our little Bee, who's decided to make his or her presence visibly known. I've had to edit my wardrobe; I knew packing for a whole month while pregnant was going to be tricky =). I love it. Bring on the bump!

No comments:

Post a Comment