I missed writing on Friday because I was super busy getting ready to travel, then missed it yesterday, too, due to travel, but here I am in Texas ready to write!
It's actually been a pretty uneventful week as far as our Busy Bee's concerned. I hustled and bustled getting things ready for a month away from Austin, MN - 2 weeks in TX, then 2 weeks in Oz - and by the time I had it all together and could rest, I was in Houston. The flight went fine, though there was a storm, and we were almost rerouted to Austin or Dallas (!!). Paul's ears bothered him during takeoff and landing but was otherwise fine and curious. (He had an interesting day earlier in the week - we were invited to a little swim party, and upon arriving, I asked 2 moms to watch Paul while I ran inside for just a minute only to come out to see him chest deep in the pool - alone! Sheesh. Thank the Lord nothing happened! Then a "bigger kid" [about 4 or 5] kept picking on and bugging him to the point of throwing water in his face and knocking him off a trike. Yikes.)
It's been so nice seeing Mom & Dad again - ie Nana & Pappy - and Ginny and Ryan even came over today for Sunday dinner. She gave me a bee necklace! Then she said with each baby comes jewelry and that perhaps I should consider nicknaming the next "Diamond" ;).
And I come into my room to find that Peter brought me something from Haiti! It's carved stone - I love it!
I had a little episode of crazy at the airport concerning a too-heavy bag, shifting things from one to the other and too-late lunch; after a sandwich, the world was right again, and the messy bags didn't matter. This busy baby makes me hungry without even knowing it!


Have a wonderful visit to TX and Oz! You are one tough mama! Love those gifts, they are gorgeous..so sweet.
ReplyDelete