In Cudgee now as
I write with Bee at 15 weeks along. Timshel and Shelley have been building
their strawbale home here and moved in this past April. It’s awesome; it’s
beautiful, comfy, and it works! It’s so warm, mid-winter. See for yourself:
buildingwithstraw.blogspot.com.au
We’ve had a
wonderful, relaxing, yet busy week filled with lots of cuppas, meat pies, walks,
and feeding sheep, chickens, and pigs, as well as two full mornings at
Sovereign Hill in Ballarat thanks to Susan & Gerry. Sovereign Hill is a
reconstruction of an 1850’s Australian gold rush village with lots of
demonstrations and interactive outdoor museum type things. It’s sort of like a
more informative Renaissance Festival ... maybe Colonial Williamsburg would
be more accurate =). Paul enjoyed his
time! He got chosen to touch a $145,000 gold ingot we watched being smelted,
poured, and cooled, and he gobbled up his veggie “pastie” each day (say
PAH-stee, not pay-stee). That was a bit of a relief because he’s still been
off schedule. Dylan and I think he finally made a full switch to Melbourne time
yesterday – ate great all day, full meal before bed, and finally slept from
8pm-7am like normal. We figured it’d happen right at the end – ah, traveling
with Baby.
Yesterday, the
three Knoll siblings met for the first time as parents. I thought that was very
special, and I was excited and thankful that the others played along for a
photo op. There’s Timshel with Reuben, 8, and Grace, 6, Dylan with Paul, 18mos,
and Shalome with Ahlwan, 3+mos. Then the in-laws, Shelley, Fehraz, and me.
Bee has been
growing and growing. I keep saying I feel like I’m getting bigger by the
second, and Dylan reminds me that, yeah, he hopes so! I should be! Well, yes,
of course, but I FEEL like I’m growing by the second =). Granted, it’s been
nearly a month since I was last in MN and barely showing, but this busy Bee has
decided to make his or her presence very known over the past week.
And so this morning began our weekly bump shot =):

I love, love, love, the photos!!
ReplyDelete