Almonds. That's been the trick. I've managed to get my head around being pregnant a second time and realize now that it's not brush-off-able or of no concern just because I've done this before. I've started taking the time to listen to my body and do what it needs regardless of what's going on with Paul. I'll admit, that was a bit of a scary thought at first because I thought that meant I'd have to do less for him or neglect one of his needs to care for myself, but I just do both, differently. Going to the kitchen and leisurely making myself a snack for however long like last time isn't possible, so I carry a handful of almonds around in my pocket - a handful's about 8; fitting for this week. I have several first thing in the morning, every time I get that twinge of queasiness (maybe 3-4 times a day that aren't around mealtimes), and a few before bed. The protein lasts longer for me than carbs would alone, and it's been keeping my moodiness and uneasiness of last week at bay. I think we're probably all thankful for that, not just me ;). The new meal plan has worked out well so far, too.
Dylan turns 30 tomorrow! We're having a little party here in Austin, and some friends are coming down from St. Paul for it, including Mike, Colleen, & Kathleen Biver - yay! I've planned lots of food and a few games and things, but the big surprise I'm most excited about is a new bike trailer / double stroller, thanks also to (Dylan's mom & stepdad) Susan & Gerry, and his Nanna & Poppa for going in on it with me. It was meant to be: it's called a Burley Honey Bee =).
We had a lovely time with you four this weekend!! Hope to see you on the 11th ;o)
ReplyDelete