Welp, I've had a few waves of queasiness. The first time, I didn't know what was wrong with me ... and then remembered Busy Bee. Silly me. I couldn't get a few peanut butter + Ritz down fast enough, then it was all dry and I couldn't get any water because of the 4 crumbly Ritz I'd shoved in. My strategy's improved over the last few days: I now have a few Animal Crackers on my nightstand and a glass of water in the bedroom. Now I can munch a little before and while getting Paul ready to come downstairs for breakfast (rather than being up and about for 30 minutes before eating or drinking anything!) Much more sane. Except that Paul loves Animal Crackers, too. Hm, how to secretly eat in front of a toddler.
And I've been pooped. I wake up at night to, ya know, and have the hardest time getting back to sleep. Napping during the day's so hard because of several considerate neighbors' revving engines. (I know, it's 2 in the afternoon, but it's never really necessary, is it?) All this is to say I need to re-organize mealtimes. The dread of having to plan and then cook, though I usually love it, is just overwhelming. I suggested to Dylan yesterday that I not cook hot in the evenings, rather for lunch only. Usually we have an easy meal of random yummy things for lunch and a "fancier" dinner; now lunch will be big, and dinner will be German-style Abendbrot - cold cuts, cheeses, veggies, salads atop a slice of Dylan's homemade bread. Dylan's on board ;) - he's the one who usually does the evening's dishes...
Paul's growing and learning so quickly that mealtimes have gotten easier; we usually spoon-feed him somewhat puréed meals though he's done finger-foods for snack for months now. I haven't minded until this week when I've been so tired. So ... we just put plates of food in front of him now. And he does it! He's eaten mac-n-cheese with tuna and peas, more peas, a slice of pizza (!), bake potato, sweet potato, and green beans. Small enough pieces, of course, and he just digs in! (Also cute that he prefers peas ... our little Pea loves peas.) He's even working on getting spoonfuls of his yogurt in on his own, too, though he still needs lots of help there =).
No comments:
Post a Comment