Friday, December 20, 2013

33. 33!

Bee's been the least of my troubles this week. That's very good on one hand - no back pain, pretty good sleep, no cramps or ligament tugs, lots of big, big movements. I'll take it! It's that brother of his/hers that's tested me! Paul wants to cuddle? On the bump he lays. Paul throws up? Oh, three times? On the bump he must rest. Standing, sitting, reclining while holding him, he perches on Bee. And Bee sure has been a trooper! I've needed to switch positions every now and again, but mostly he hasn't hurt me. Oh, you want Papa, you say? It's only 11am, sorry, bub, he doesn't come home for another hour - waaaaaaaah! Stomp, stomp, scream. So we sat, dried some tears, and Paul rested his head on Bee (instead of his bum) and this was much more comfortable; enough for Paul to sleep for 45min! What's that, Süßer? Your breakfast isn't right because the spoon's yellow? Oh, blue's no good either? Hm ... how to fix this one.

Needless to describe further, it's been a very, very whiny, clingy week. Yes, I KNOW he was sick, but there's been no soothing this kid! Good food in his belly helps, but it's getting the food in his belly that's the challenge. Sigh. I do actually hope it's because of not feeling tops and this isn't just "that age" ... though Mom recently told me "that age" never, actually, ends ;) (greeeat) while I was lamenting to her how twerpy he's been and how hard it is on me.

Then Friday. Today's been lovely! Ah, I knew he was a good boy =). He was darlin' at Momtime, and then on the way to drop something off at church, he goes "Dong, dong dong" until the tower is no longer in sight, seriously. (He even points to pictures in the house of churches and says "dong".) I left him in the car for the 15 seconds I ran in, but pulling away from church, he started to scream. What, what now? He wanted to go in! Ha, poor bébé. I explained that we'll be going twice in the next 4 days, and that seemed agreeable to him.

In Bee related news, we saw Dr. Nace again Thursday; my hemoglobin was 12.8, and my glucose level was 138 after drinking 3 8oz glasses of grape juice goodness - both good numbers, yay! And Paul's not afraid of the doppler anymore. Since last time (when he freaked out on my behalf...), we've talked about the baby's heartbeat, pointed, made the noise and everything, and now he touches Bee and goes "woo woo woo woo" like the little wooshy sound from the doppler. It took him just a sec, but he kinda liked it in the end.

In totally unrelated news - but newsworthy nonetheless - Dylan's finished his Catholic Studies Master of Arts degree, meaning he's officially completed his JD, too! We drove up to St. Paul on Wednesday night so that he could defend his essay and then present an overview of it to a small public group. There were appetizers, wine, cider, and lots of good conversation. Way to go, Dylan!! Unfortunately, I didn't snap a photo of him up at the podium. I'm very proud of him and his work, and he's very relieved to finally not have something he has to read or study.

No comments:

Post a Comment